1/07/2005

I'm Back

No semi-loyal blog readers, I haven't forgotten you or the blog itself. I've just been home (again) for a couple weeks for holidays. I came to find it's really difficult to get fired up about writing when you're writing about basically the same shit you did in high school. Let's examine two days that occured within about a month of each other:

November 22nd, 2004 - I go to the first rally at what will turn out to be a peaceful democratic revolution in a country that was part of the Soviet Union a scant 14 years ago.

December 23rd, 2004 - I go to a Barnes and Noble at Fair Oaks that has been there since 1994.

Anyway, I suppose the past two weeks weren't all filled with the same type of everyday drudgery as that. Pere Connard did have some scheduled heart surgery and that was quite a noteworthy event (he's home now and recovering quite nicely). XMas and New Years were certainly very nice holidays and it was good to spend time with the complete Connard clan. And a journey was made to Texas for a couple of days after New Years. I'll spend some time going through pictures and will post anything that I find interesting.

And with the Supreme Court here tossing out Yanukovich's bogus challenges to the legitimacy of the third round, I'll be sure to check out Yushenkos inauguration next week.

By the way, driving back from the airport, the tents were STILL out on Kreshatik. Cabbie said that they weren't going anywhere until Yushenko was actually sworn in. That's dedication folks.