6/24/2005

Miss Russian Army

One of the things I've learned over here is that the former Soviets absolutely love their beauty pagents. They're on TV all the time and I'm always seeing ads for them around town. They're never ending. Outside of the basic Miss Ukraine I've seen things like Miss Tavriskie Igri, Miss Nemiroff, Miss Donbass, etc...etc...etc...

Then Siberian Light posts about the recently held Miss Russian Army beuaty contest (won by a Naval Lieutanant...go figure). I just saw a report on CNN International about this contest. I think Andy is missing the real story here. According to this CNN report (and the assertion of Miss Rocket Forces), the results were actually decided in advance by the judges!

Is there no limit to corruption? Can we not even keep the Miss Russian Army contest free from graf?