3/21/2005

Pace Now!



Over the weekend there were protests around the world against the Iraq war. Kiev was apparently no exception. A small crowd, made up of Communists and members of the United Social Democratic Party (my neighbors!) gathered on Maidan to sing songs, wave flags, and express their displeasure. From a Ukrainian perspective, I'm not sure what exactly they were showing their displeasure with. Now that Yushenko has been elected, Ukraine has already begun withdrawing its troops.

Were I to form an opinion on what they were unhappy about based on some of the flags on display, I would guess it's one of two things. Either that Ukrainian troops aren't being withdrawn fast enough, or they are absolutely appalled with the quality of Mexican food available in Kiev.

I certainly agree with the latter. Adjika just doesn't hack it as far as salsa is concerned.