9/21/2004

Actually, there's a mildly amusing anecdote that I'd like to write about before I forget about it. Earlier this morning I was whistling in the office and was informed that this was something I shouldn't do, whistling indoors. Bad form over here.

So when I was out at lunch later with the Russian woman who is going to be tutoring me starting this Sunday, I asked her why one shouldn't whistle indoors in this area of the world. She shared with me the two reasons she was given as a child. The first reason is it was bad luck. If you whistled indoors you will apparently lose money later in that day. The second reason she was given was that the fascists whistled indoors so she shouldn't.

I suppose the lesson learned is that if you don't want to be a money-losing fascist, you shouldn't whistle indoors.